I just finished my yearly review and planning session. Here’s what I did:
- I went through my calendar of 2020 week by week and wrote down a list of significant events, reflecting on what went well and what didn’t.
- I listed all the roles I have in my life. For each role, I wrote down what I wish people would say about me.
- I reviewed my list of goals of 2020 and decided which ones are worth further pursuing and which ones have become obsolete.
- I wrote down The Big Three. Three big goals for 2021.
- I defined specific KPIs for The Big Three which can be measured monthly/weekly/daily.
In addition, I also reviewed my last year’s “year in review” post and picked a set of principles to live by in the coming year:
- Consistency is key.
- No hurry, no pause.
- Do less, but better.
- Raise your self-awareness. The rest will follow.
What’s your process to set your compass for 2021?